Monday, August 17, 2009

They are here!

Finally my new shoes arrive! During yesterday's 11 mile run I really noticed how bad my shoes were. I'm so excited to take my new shoes out for a run!




Today has been super hot AGAIN! It's 90...but feels like 103, super duper! This is my actual first summer training for a race. It's HARD! Lately I have been trying to keep myself motivated with listening to as many new podcasts as possible. It's so great because we are all training in this same hot heat.

One of my favorite runners is Dirt Dawg he just ran a 100 mile race (The Burning River 100) on August 1.
The Burning River 100 is an exciting 100 mile run held in Northeast Ohio that travels through several of the region’s most scenic areas, including the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, the Cleveland Metroparks and the Metro Parks, serving Summit County.
What a great inspiration for all of us! If you haven't heard his podcast you should check it out.

As for me I have another big week of 51 miles and nothing but sun and heat in the forecast. But I do have my new shoes!!! I hope you have a good week.
See you on the road!
lucky7runner

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I love new shoes! Great blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post Mark! I really really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete