Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Long Run


We had such a great time doing our photo shoot and got so many great shots...I just wish I could post them all! So instead I think I will just add a new picture to every new post that I write.
I finished up this week with just a hair over 50 miles. Today was my first long run over 11 miles (the longest I've run during this training program). I had specific instructions to run 8:30 paces for a minute (during the odd miles, starting at mile 3) and two minutes (during the even miles, starting at mile 4)during my 13 mile run today. I felt really good for the first part of my run. I then hit some of the hill sections during miles 7 & 8. As luck would have it both pick-ups landed right at the bottom of hills. I think this pretty much wore out my legs and I started having problems for the last few miles.
I felt pretty terrible about it. I feel like one of my "strengths" is finishing strong. After beating myself up about it, I realized that I had a pretty tough couple of weeks. The heat out here has been hot hot hot well in the 90's and 100's. That coupled with the not having an air conditioner (which equals no sleep). I have been running either early in the mornings or late at night to try to avoid the hottest parts of the day. Honestly it just didn't want to cool off! So I changed my mind... I totally kicked butt! I'm actually looking forward to next week. If I can run during this hot spell, it's only going to get better and COOLER ;-)
I also wanted to thank all of you who read this. I'm going to try to be better at posting. I have been doing the running thing alone for so long. It seems as if I've gotten to be a little shy. That and living in France and the Netherlands and not speaking the native language made me super shy with people. I really want to thank you for listening because I have been pretty lonely these last few years. It's so nice to have friends that understand my running!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
lucky7runner

No comments:

Post a Comment