Sunday, July 5, 2009

Rainy Sunday

Today I went out for a 10 miler. Tony and I had it all figured out...I would run 6 miles and then meet him on the trail in Marysville to finish the last 4 together. As I was on mile 4 it started raining. Not just a little sprinkle, but a full out DOWNPOUR. As I ran the rain poured down my face so hard that my contacts were having trouble staying put. I was praying that any minute Tony would show up to pick me up. Right at mile 5 he came. I was never so happy! I know in this picture you can't tell that I'm soaked...but here was my proof.

We waited a little for the rain to stop and finished almost all of the 5 miles I had left. Now as I look out the window it is bright and sunny. Something I haven't seen since I arrived last Monday. We have been getting rain everyday with temps in the 60s. Well I better wrap this up I have a call on TalkShoe with my teammates!

3 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, I love running in the rain. Its feels refreshing and quite invigorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually don't mind the rain. In the Netherlands I did most of my train in the rain. BUT. This rain was out of control. My contacts almost got washed out of my eyes. I was running with my hands held above my eye to keep the rain out. I had to look CRAZY to all those drivers passing me ;-) But YES it was pretty fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Runner's don't get rained out, they get rained on.

    ReplyDelete