Monday, July 13, 2009

Hike on the Kalalau Trail

As I promised...here are some pictures from our hike in Kauai. Yes I wore my Garmin, wanted to keep up on our milage. We had a great hike and really really look forward to going back. We only hiked the first two miles, just to Hanakapi'ai Beach and back. But as you can tell from the pictures the views were AMAZING!

Na Pali Coast, the most famous 11 mile hike. We only did 4 miles...but we plan on making the trip back and doing the whole thing. It was AMAZING!

Hanakapi'ai Beach (the first beach on the Kalalau Trail)

a beautiful beach after a strenuous 2 mile hike


Jamie watching the surfers

a peek at the beach from the trail down


a beautiful view of the Na Pali Coast

coming back down

another beautiful view

a view of Ke'e Beach

that's just a TRIP/FALL waiting to happen

2 comments:

  1. I love Kauai. Been there twice and still love it. I would highly recommend you to stay at a luxurious cottage at a place called Secret Beach. It is a private beach. I have stayed at Hale Nanea and it was sheer utopia! You will fall in love with that area.

    www.secretbeachkauai.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ted...WOW! I just checked out the website. We will definitely be going back to Kauai. I have the website saved! Thank you for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete