Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Base Training Week 1

M: one hour easy running
Update: Was helping Tony's mother at work today so couldn't run until tonight. I felt really dehydrated during my run today. Tomorrow I'm going to try to drink a little more water. I'm also going to try and do my run in the morning...as long as it's not a total downpour. Looks like Thursday will bring us some sun...fingers crossed. Day 1 feeling pretty good!
Distance: 6.74 miles
Time: 1:00:00


T: 75 minutes easy running.
Update: This week I have been helping Tony's mother at work. Oh this working stuff....is hard work ;-) So I have been doing my running at night. Today I was super tired! After a short nap I finished my 75 minutes of running. Still not in a normal groove. I can't wait for my rest day tomorrow. I have a massage in the morning...then more work with Tony's mother. Day 2 DONE!
Distance: 8.41 miles
Time: 1:15:00


W: rest.

R: 75 minutes easy running.
Update: Just got back from my out and back. It was a beautiful day so I decided to run the trails from Marysville into downtown Fredericton. It was a beautiful run! Hot! But I really enjoyed being out in the sun and fresh air. I was a little dehydrated on the last 8 minutes of my run...and it all seemed to be uphill ;-) funny how that works. Today I get to spend the day at my sister-in-laws pool! Felt really GOOD today!
Distance: 8.56
Time: 1:15:04


F: one hour easy running.
Update: The end of another LONG day. Today we worked over 9 hours. BLAHHHH! I had to take a little snooze to get some energy for my run tonight. My legs are pretty tired from yesterdays run. It will be interesting to see how Sunday goes. Tomorrow I have an easy 45 min run and 8 hills. Never done hill training before.
Distance: 6.75
Time: 1:00:04


S: 45 minutes easy, plus 8x10 sec hill sprints.

S: one hour, 40 minute long, easy run.

No comments:

Post a Comment