Monday, October 26, 2009

Running with George


I finally had the chance to put all my pictures together from the Oct 10-11 weekend. At the very last minute I turned the World Wide Festival of Races into an additional race that is dear to my heart. Almost a year ago our friend George passed away and I saw it as a perfect opportunity to honor his memory. Here are some of the pictures from that weekend. We had runners from New Zealand,Italy, the US, Canada, and Kuwait (just to name a few). My friend who is serving over seas didn't have a camera to take his picture but he sent along this message:
"Even though I run almost every day, this run was great and gave me an opportunity to reflect on the important people in my life as well as this past year. Believe it or not, but the 10k fell on my 365th day of this deployment....pretty awesome timing for thoughts and reflection."

Thanks to all of my friends who took part in the Running with George event! It really meant the world to me and George's family! Please enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Jamie, this is BEAUTIFUL. How wonderful! And you chose the perfect song, as well. Good work!

    ReplyDelete