Sunday, June 28, 2009

Las Vegas


We just got back from our second honeymoon in Vegas. Yeah I know my life sucks! We had a great trip filled with lots of shows, eating, shopping...and WALKING. We stay at the Hilton Las Vegas for the first 6 days of our trip. It was on the far end by Circus Circus (but off the strip). We did a ton of walking and boy was it hot. It was in the 100's every single day we were there. My only complaint about my trip was my running options. When I asked the front desk they said they wouldn't recommend a female running by herself...they of course recommend their gym (which costs $20 a day). It seems like I have been running into this more often in my travels. I'm afraid to go out for run by myself in strange cities alone. I would rather be safe then sorry. So for all you female runners out there....what do you do when you travel or are on vacation? Do you try to get outside for a run or do you just stick to the treadmill?

Well I'm just thankful that I will be done traveling for most of the summer. I can't wait to get back to a normal schedule and a regular rhythm. What time zone am I in again? On that note I will finish tonight will a final message. I'm leaving Monday for Canada. We will be having our second at home reception with my husband's family. I will be in New Brunswick for around a month. So you can see me out on the road...up North.

5 comments:

  1. catching up on my phedipdations podcasts this morning during a run, and heard steve ask us to drop by your blog and offer congratulations....so, Congrats! wishing a long and happy marriage...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is terrific, Jaime!!

    and now ...

    Email me and we'll plot your next triumph!

    -- John Ellis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a thought about running when traveling ... have you considered trying to hook up with a local running club and trying to join one of their group runs? Maybe see if a local would be willing to join you for a run or at the very least give you some ideas on where to run.

    I was out in Vegas in May and ran one day on the Strip (total pain in the butt since you have to stop at all intersections or take the stairs over the streets) and then one day up and down Paradise which was a much better route and full of shade from all the tall buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sneakersister
    Thank you for the suggestion. That is a great idea!
    The next time I will be running in Vegas will be in Dec. BUT is should be a little more runner friendly ;-) Las Vegas Marathon...here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should try going on a sight-seeing running tour: http://www.seriousrunning.com/blog/uncategorized/sight-seeing-running/

    ReplyDelete