Saturday, November 14, 2009

BIG 20 MILER

I just finished my 6 miles today feeling a little bummed. I feel like I'm falling apart at the seems. My hamstring injury finally got better and then the pain seemed to move into my butt, then to my lower back. I just want to make it to Vegas healthy! Tomorrow is a big run for me....20 miles. The farthest distance that I've ever done in marathon training. When I was training for my first marathon the farthest distance that I got was 16 miles. Last week I ran into major problems during my Sunday long run. I was dehydrated and started cramping and had to call it quits after mile 9.

So that following Monday I decided to give up coffee until after the Vegas Marathon. Holy cow! I never thought it was going to be that hard. I think it took me all week to get rid of those caffeine headaches. Can you tell I was addicted??? I have been replacing all that coffee with water. I'm feeling much better! Tomorrow I'm going to be practicing my nutritional intake for the marathon. John has me running for 1 hour then walking 5 minutes REPEAT until 20 miles. I will post an update tomorrow after I run. Now I'm off to bed.
See you on the road!
lucky7runner

2 comments:

  1. you hamstring / butt / lower back injury sounds very similar to mine. i'm in my second round of PT and hoping to somehow make it to Vegas as well.

    Good luck - 3 weeks to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI - I am terrible at catching up the blogs. My timing management just sucks. Listen up - you might want to try "The Stick". I swear its fabulous and it does help me with the hammy thing.
    Secondly - try coconut water. It is close to having a miracle water especially when you are doing the long run. It's easy on the stomach and you won't hit the wall. Carry a bottle of coconut water for the marathon. Have someone to meet you halfway so you can refill more coconut water. Its beat the Gatorade.

    ReplyDelete