Monday, September 21, 2009

Terry Fox Run Update



It has been over a week since I ran my first 10K race. Now I wouldn't really call this a race (we didn't have race numbers or chips), it was technically a "fun" run. All the same I was still nervous. The race took place on the trails in Fredericton that I usually do all my training on. It was good because I knew what to expect. This was probably the hardest race I have ever done. It pretty much felt like I was sprinting the whole thing! I felt out of shape and ready to cry. At mile 6 I wanted to quit...but dug in an finished hard (ha ha the last .2). Although I had a really great race it was overshadowed by my right hamstring. Early in the week I tweaked it and didn't email John because I didn't have internet. So I continued with the planned workouts and ran the race without him knowing. Needless to say I don't think the race helped the hamstring out any. Overall, it was a good experience. BUT the next 10K race I do will definitely be a road race.

No comments:

Post a Comment