Friday, September 25, 2009

Fall starts and I'm feeling better

For almost two weeks now I have been dealing with hamstring pain. In both high school and college I was pledged with bad hamstrings (I've suffered both strains and a severe grade 2 tear). So I have been very cautious about my running these last few weeks. Which in turn has put me a little down in the dumps. I have been having a hard time trying to motivate myself to get out for my runs. Today in fact, Tony had to physically take me outside. He promised that I would feel better after it was over (of course he was right).

This is my first fall in New Brunswick. Today on my run I really got to take full advantage of viewing the beautiful changing leaves. I had one of those moments where I could just be thankful for the opportunity to be out running. Friday has to be my favorite day for running. Everyone is busy getting home...getting ready for their weekend. It was so quiet and peaceful tonight. Ah...smile. I'm just so happy!

On my way home I grabbed some of the beautiful leaves (so I could give you a teaser). Tomorrow I'm going to try and get out and take some pictures. So you can see just how lucky I am!
Tonight above all, I'm so very thankful for my teammates. They lift me up when I need it the most! Thank you TEAM POINT TWO! Sending my love, Jamie

2 comments:

  1. This wouldn't be a blog from Canada, without some pictures of maple leaves. It's good to see you working through the pain. Can't wait to see the pics of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie, Fall is a little further advanced where you are than where I am (NYC/Poconos PA). But it is such a gorgeous season for running no matter where you are. My PT told me just the other day that my hamstrings would always be my weak point, so we have embarqued on a regmine (never to be abandoned) of strengthening and stretching. Yay oh yay.

    Also, it's interesting that you love running on Fridays. Fridays are usually my day off (I use Thursdays ad my big drinking day). I love running on Tuesdays, since I take Mondays off too and an raring to kick off a new week of training.

    ReplyDelete