Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Rain Rain Rain

We have 4 days left here in the Netherlands. I am going to miss all my FLAT running courses. I really love running here in Tilburg! When I return to my hometown of 1500 people I will be circling the town just in order to get some of my longer runs in. I'm sure the whole town will begin talking (you know how small towns are) about the crazy running girl. The one thing I'm looking forward to is having access to a treadmill. We have been having 3 straight days of rain. Not just a little rain, but downpours mixed with hail and lightening. Every time I try to walk out the door I am instantly soaked. Rain rain go away come again in 5 days!

Update:
I got out the door when I thought the weather was starting to get better. I was caught in drizzle, hail (three times), and CRAZY HARD wind. I only ran 6 miles because I was tired of getting pelted in the face with hail. Hard run because of the wind. Hopefully the weather will cooperate better tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I really like running in the rain...once I get warm. But it is hard to get out the door. And hail? That sound like a very reasonable excuse to go home and have a cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind the rain too much as long as it's not a downpour. But I totally agree with you...it is VERY hard to get out the door. Today the sun is finally shinning in eastern Canada (I was thinking the rain was just following me around) I can't wait to get out for a run. Enjoy your days off ; )

    ReplyDelete